Friday, May 1, 2009

Addddderall

Adderall is a word that fades in and out of popularity as the quarter dips and dives along. It seems that during the first few weeks, talk of the drug lurks in the shadows, and then, come Week 5 or 6 (and then Weeks 9 and 10), it takes center stage, dominating 2am, 3am, 4am conversations in the library and lounges everywhere.

In this week's New Yorker, Margaret Talbot takes a look at what she describes as "the underground world of 'neuroenhancing' drugs." Check out her article, "Brain Gang."

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/04/27/090427fa_fact_talbot?currentPage=1

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am so naive; I was completely unaware of the Adderall craze. Maybe this explains my confusion as to why I feel like I'm the only one on this campus tired by the time midnight rolls around, while so many others seem wired 24-7.

    But with our 24-7 lifestyles, I can definitely see the appeal...

    Sooo crazy and scary though.... thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete