Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Light Reading and an Analogy. (For kicks).

Okay, okay so it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm reading the New York Times. Don't judge.

Anyway, I stumbled on this article about restructuring graduate (and undergraduate) curriculum and the educations they provide to better serve the student (and society, of course).

Tres interesante.

If the first sentence: "Graduate education is the Detroit of higher learning," doesn't get you, you might want to dig out your SAT book and review the art of analogies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/opinion/27taylor.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&ref=opinion

2 comments:

  1. OH i read this op-ed article too, and i love it. I am so glad that you posted it, I wish we had a place to discuss it in one of my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it earlier today, too. He makes some very interesting proposals. Interdiscipline is definitely where it's at, and it's downright anti-capitalist for anyone to have a job for life. . . .

    ReplyDelete